The Central Certification Authority
The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine (MDT) is the main body in the system of central executive bodies, which ensures the formation and implementation of state policy in the field of electronic trust services and performs the functions of a Central Certification Authority.
The functions and powers of the Central Certification Authority (CCA) are defined in Article 7 of the Law of Ukraine “On Electronic Trust Services”. The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine performs the functions of the CCA, defined by subparagraph 20 of paragraph 4 of the Regulation on the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 18, 2019, № 856.
- carries out the statutory powers in the spheres of electronic trust services and electronic identification;
- provides administrative services by adding legal entities and natural persons - entrepreneurs who intend to provide electronic trust services to the Trusted List;
- agrees on the time synchronization procedures with Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) which are developed by qualified trust service providers
- approves plans to terminate the activities of qualified electronic trust service providers;
- receives and preserves documented information, generated certificates (including enhanced, qualified) public keys, registers of valid, suspended and revoked public key certificates in case of termination of the qualified trust service provider;
- considers proposals (comments) of the subjects of relations in the field of electronic trust services to improve state regulation of electronic trust services;
- provides the subjects of relations in the field of electronic trust services with advice on issues related to the provision of electronic trust services;
- informs in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On electronic trust services” about the circumstances that hinder the activities of the Central Certification Authority;
- assesses the state of development of the sphere of electronic trust services based on the results of the analysis of information on the activities of providers of qualified trust services and the certification center;
- ensures mutual recognition of Ukrainian and foreign certificates of public keys and electronic signatures used while providing legally significant electronic services;
- carries out other powers in the areas of electronic trust services and electronic identification, defined by law.
Technical and technological support for the performance of the functions of the Central Certification Authority is provided by the administrator of the information and telecommunication system (ITS) of the CCA - a state enterprise that belongs to the sphere of the Ministry of Digital Transformation (state enterprise "DIIA").
The ITS administrator of the CCA provides technical and technological support for the implementation of the following functions of the CCA:
- the functioning of the software and hardware complex of the CCA and protection of the information processed in it, in accordance with the requirements of the legislation;
- operation of the CCA website;
- maintaining the Trusted List;
- maintaining a register of valid, blocked and revoked public key certificates;
- generation of a key pair and creation of self-signed certificates of keys of the electronic seal of the CCA;
- provision of services to providers using a self-signed electronic seal certificate of the CCA, which is intended for the provision of such services;
- provision of the service of supply of transmission of signals of the exact time, synchronized with the State standard of time and frequency units;
- technological support of interoperability and technological neutrality of national technical solutions, as well as their non-discrimination;
- use of ITS CCA for recognition in Ukraine of electronic trust services, foreign public key certificates used while providing legally significant electronic services in the process of interaction between entities of different countries;
- providing round-the-clock access to the register of valid, suspended and revoked public key certificates and to information on the status of key certificates through public telecommunications networks;
- revocation, suspension, and reverting of key certificates in cases provided by law.
GO TO THE CCA WEBSITE